Embracing digital marketing can help businesses by achieving marketing success that is a lot more accessible and less expensive than traditional marketing strategies. Print ads on newspapers and billboards, stickers, radio or TV commercials are considered traditional marketing.
While these might be good investments for local businesses, but traditional marketing tools do have their limits when it comes to audience reach, engagement factor, and measurability.
Digital marketing includes the company's online marketing efforts. Online channels that help to interact with current and prospective clients are considered digital marketing: Google search, email newsletters, any social media network that allows you to target an audience that local or international, which makes your campaign less cost-effective.
Why digital marketing is important for your business?
Digital marketing strategies allow a business to identify the actual customers. Instead of forcing on selling the product to unwilling customers, it focuses on target customers who really need that product or service.
Providing accurate information to their potential customers is the best way of online marketing. As per the survey, 82% of consumers conduct research online and 79% of people shop online. Digital marketing ensures that the right consumers are searching for your content. Search engine optimization allows you to reach those consumers who are searching for the relevant content and topics that are appropriate to their business.
- More cost-effective than traditional marketing
- Provide equal opportunities to all types of business
- Helps to generate better revenue
- Facilitate interaction with the targeted audience
- Build a brand reputation
- Results can be easily tracked and monitored
What is the scope of digital marketing in India?
In today's digital era the most sought career option is digital marketing. Statistics show that the digital marketing industry is growing worldwide.
In 2016, there were 1.5 lakh job opportunities in digital marketing. The big surprise in 2017, only the first quarter of 2017 marked for 8 lakh job opportunities. Also, in 2018- 19 it was studied that 13.5 lakh job opportunities in digital marketing. By 2020, in India digital Industry will produce more than 20 lakh jobs.
Number of internet users:
- The number of internet users in India has reached 432 million till December 2016.
- The number of mobile internet users in India has reached about 425 million by June 2017.
- Due to digital transformation, the numbers of users will get doubled by 2022 and it is estimated to reach 820 million.
Career opportunities in digital marketing in 2020:
Careers are widely available in digital marketing, but a solid understanding of these techniques and tactics is essential to succeed in this field. A lot of digital marketing agencies provide the services to different companies for their products and brand management. Along with that, the digital marketing training also introduced to train the people in digital marketing. Both, go hand-in-hand to cater to the heavy demand of the market.
Intellistall, the digital marketing company in India provides the digital marketing program to those who want to make their careers in this field.
The program includes social media, PPC, SEO, email marketing, content marketing. Career prospects are bright and challenging in digital marketing.
There are some responsibilities which a digital marketing team should have:
Responsibilities of a content creator
- Industry-related research
- To promote the products/services, write a clear marketing copy
- Make well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Established the Coordination with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Conduct simple keyword research
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers requirements in content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency
- Conduct keyword research by using various tools like Keyword Planner, SEMrush and Moz.
- Perform competitive analysis
- Follow important SEO metrics including organic traffic, conversion rates and time spent on page
- Update older content and add effective calls to action (CTA)to improve user engagement
- Optimize pages for mobile
- Implement link building strategies
- Manage back links to build online authority
- Monitor and evaluate search results
- Making a plan for a variety of PPC campaigns across a range of digital channels
- Optimize the analyzing trends and making data-driven decisions
- Build creative suggestions for advert templates
- Producing detailed analysis and reports of campaigns
- Presenting data and reports to a range of audiences.
Web designer and developer
- Designing webpage layout
- Determining technical requirements
- Updating websites
- Creating back up files
- Solving code problems
- Keeping up to date with recent technology
Future of Digital Marketing that will Shape up your Career
If you are in the digital marketing field, you need to keep yourselves updated. For this, you have to follow all digital marketing trends and also you have to formulate, incorporate and implements strategies based on these trends in the market.
Your main objective to follow these trends is high customer satisfaction and increased site visits.
In the perspective of digital marketing, AI is performing a meta-analysis of broad-spectrum data sets. This data is used to help make its own decisions.
In the future, AI is going to be used as a benchmark in digital marketing.
Due to its ability to be accurate and create a better and more personalized experience for the customer, it will be widely used.
Smart digital assistant
Smart digital assistants, such as Alexa and Google Assistant help the users to stay connected. They provide personal assistance in day-to-day lives.
It includes the areas of voice recognition, personalized services that are based on the behavior of the user.
It is expected that the market for these assistants will double next year and reach 1.6 billion users by 2020.
In the coming years, Chat bots will continue to be an important part of digital marketing. Chat bots are based on AI technology that is used for instant messaging to chat in real-time with your customers or site visitors.
Use of Video
Nowadays, making a video is much more comfortable as many other social networking sites such as Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook have introduced the video feature in their applications.
So, it is reported that most of the traffic in 2021 will be through the uploading and viewing videos.
Use of voice search
With the introduction of voice elements like Alexa, and Google Assistant Voice search and optimization have gained a considerable amount of popularity.
Now you will not have to type a request or manually perform a task, you just have to speak to the device.
Intellistall suggested that companies who utilize the SEO technique should also adopt the tactic of voice search to recognize voice search.
To wrap it up: The future of digital marketing seems very bright at the moment and using digital marketing for the build your career will be very beneficial.
But you need to come out of your comfort zone and have to put some effort into it. Digital Marketing can be beneficial to you only if you are taking an active part in it.
You need to learn various digital marketing strategies as it includes SEO, SMO, SME, and various other processes.